One of the world’s largest makers of consumer electronics who offers a wide range of products and services. The client’s diverse collection of advanced technologies & solutions can be found throughout Home, Business, and around the World.
Business Needs and Challenges
Internet of Things (IoT) is an emerging technology that is making our world smarter. An IoT based Smart Home is one such example.
Smart homes (Home automation) are required to accommodate user preferences for convenience. Home automation also helps consumers improve efficiency. Instead of leaving the air conditioning on all day, a smart home system can learn behaviours and make sure the house is cooled down by the time homeowners arrive home from work.
They envisaged empowering everyday lives of consumers with comfort, convenience and seamless connectivity across all their devices.
Their Smart home project aims to provide smart connectivity and control features to its premium range of Air Conditioners, Washing Machines, Lighting, Video Doorbell and many other appliances via intuitive mobile apps and voice-based virtual assistants such as Alexa and Google Home.
- Configuring homes and spaces structure, moving devices across spaces/homes
- Rules engine and scene handling
- Token-based authentication in MQTT broker cluster
- Onboarding and off-boarding, and control of devices
- Firmware-Over-The-Air (FOTA) service implementation (Notifying device, Signed URL for access to signed firmware image by device, error handling use-cases)
- Introduce cache layers (elastic cache) to reduce database hits and enhance performance.
- Factory provisioning interfaces for devices
- Factory provisioning interfaces
- Product and Factory user role creation
- APIs to upload information related to manufactured products
- APIs to upload information related to new models
- Channeling MQTT messages through AWS Kinesis topics for certain use cases
Impressico also built a web application for administration and reporting and an intelligent smart application for the customer’s smart TV product.
- For a Smart home user, Smart home solution provides the comfort & convenient intuitive controls of appliances through mobile phones and voice-based virtual assistants; also even when his internet is not operational.
- It enables a factory user to provision appliances with firmware and associated device-specific information. The user is able to upload the newly manufactured device’s provisioning data into the device cloud.
- A product manager is able to add new product models, capabilities and associated information to Cloud.
- The Cloud admin is able to generate reports related to onboarded devices, active devices, device types, distribution across geographies.
- Also, it helps the Cloud admin to monitor cloud services and address customer issues related to device onboarding.