A global provider of online and mobile payment solutions for global marketplaces and platforms with volumes of transaction exceeding $20 Billion. Their platform architecture is built on hundreds of layered microservices. REST APIs can be efficiently customized to meet any company’s individual needs, regardless of the vertical or industry. It has the flexibility to integrate any existing platform with required services like Pay Ins, Pay Outs, Onboarding, Risk or Reporting and Analytics.
Business Needs and Challenges
The payment industry is a very competitive market with new features being launched every day to simplify the transaction experience to attract and delight more customers.
The client has been in business for almost 20 years primarily catering to the vacation rental market. Since they had carved out a niche for themselves the system was heavily customised to cater to this ecosystem limiting their ability to cater to different industry verticals. They had a lot of legacy code which became complex and difficult to manage to lead to the increased cost of maintenance and reducing their ability to rapidly introduce new features. Due to the inheritance and baggage, they were losing the competitive advantage as other payment providers were able to offer standalone services, much faster TAT on onboarding, and servicing multiple industries.
When developing the new platform the biggest challenge was the requirement capture phase as the legacy application was quite feature-rich and unfortunately, there was no proper housekeeping of the documentation. The discovery phase was not easy as the platform had multiple integration, dependencies and deprecated features – had to be reverse-engineered close to 35% of the components before laying out the foundation for the new microservices architecture.
Impressico led and supported the entire SDLC for this next-gen platform including:
- Breaking down legacy Monolithic payment system to identify core services and sub-services into a microservices architecture
- Designing, developing and implementing Microservice Architecture with a suite of 100+ layered event-driven microservices orchestrating various payment functions.
- Designing and developing responsive frontend tools using ReactJS and Material UI
- Integrating with AWS using Infrastructure as Code elements via CloudFormation to have an elastic/scalable environment.
- Providing ongoing support and maintenance teams for iOS and Android native apps
- Rendering time-critical production support to legacy monolithic systems.
Benefits (Business and End User)
Highly secure and scalable microservices that provides new business opportunities to the client:
- The microservices platform reduced the onboarding time for a new customer
- Provided them with the flexibility to offer the different product as a stand-alone service which not only directly impacted the bottom line of the business but also gave them an edge over their competitors.
- Ability to handle multiple releases in a week by automating 80% of the test cases resulting in expedited validation of the release candidate.
- 24X7 monitoring and support for servers and applications
- Scalable team of J2EE developers to meet on-demand resource requirements based on development needs in multiple projects.
- Creation of an excellent Knowledge Management System to meet the client’s on-demand requirements reducing time to develop and market.